Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back Streets

In our local shopping centre of Esslingen I took a short cut behind the local "SektKellerei" or Champagne factory, Sekt being German Champagne. I doubt I'd ever try something so huge, but it gives exactly the feel I'm after, of being old and there for a long time before these new-fangled cars came along...

The Champagne factory is the half-timbered building. Local church behind...

Looking into "Zehentgasse" ("Tithe Alley") Complete with illegaly parked BMW

Further along "Tithe Alley"

The Main delivery doors and loading bay



Deliver door detail. Remarkably still used regularly for "Sekt" deliveries.

I could see this being part of a future project (ie when I know how to make stonework) It would makd a very attractive subject for an 09 model. I can just see a small critter pullinf a rake of flats out of the alley and curving into a cellar through the big red doors...

I'm getting tempted again...

By the way, this blog is going to be a bit quiet for a couple of days as we will be visiting a friend in Essen, but I'll be back with pictures and ideas, so watch this space...


No comments: