Wednesday, August 29, 2007
DG in disguise.
Once again a long pause since the last entry, partly because I was having a break with the family and whilst it was great there wasn’t much time for me to sit at my workbench: I was far too busy telling stories, helping the biggest learn to ride a bike (He's a bit wobbly still), driving model cars, makinf forts in the woods, and playing hide and seek around the flat when it rained.
I did, however, manage to get one concentrated go at model making, and bodged a centre buffers to go around the DG couplings on one of the wagons, as seen here:
I had a slight panic when I tested the thing, as I found it can be a bit unreliable, but after some online questioning, it was suggested that I just need to make the loops bigger and all will be well. I’ll need softer metal to do that though, so further couplings may be put on hold for a bit.
Never mind: I've got plenty of other things to do.