Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blog info

I've changed to the new Blogger, as much to avoid their repeated "This would be much better in beta" messages whenever I logged on. What they don't tell you is that Beta only works with Windows 2000 or later, as I discovered when I tried to log on with a computer using Windows 98. On the other hand they have a far easier interface to put links and stuff on to the template so I've finally been able to link to those people who have linked here and a few more besides. In the side bar there is now a link to John Teals models, usually in the Garden but at the time of writing indoors hiding from the cold. John Sharp's "It's just playing trains" shows what can be possible if you brave the elements -and have the courage to buy a lathe. (Incidentally, John's Journey in to sound blog is also worth a visit if you like folk music.)

My modern railways bias shows in the blog of Nigel Burkin from Scotland, who is building a large log cabin in his garden to house his railway, and Paul Smith's Photoblog of Widnes Road, a pleasantly simple diesel depot set in North West England during the 1980's, about the time I was growing up in the area. Lots of inspiration, and it almost makes up for the lack of visible progress on my layout...

Now to go back to what I should be doing... Sorting out my tax forms for 2006...

No comments: