Sunday, June 24, 2007

You can’t win ‘em all…

The roof is on, glued and has stayed in place. For a while it resisted the glue and one side stuck up like a geeky haircut, but I finally subdued it, only to find that I was 1mm short of the full width. Mercifully this doesn’t show so well on the pictures. I considered running the van with the messy side of the roof to the back of the layout, but decided against it: I'm thinking of having a couple of different numbers and this scheme would be totally useless if I can only have the van one way, and besides it would be too easy. Some salvage and bodging is in order before I can start painting…

The side that worked, roof flush against frame and guttering in the approved fashion


The side that didn’t: The gap will have to be filled with a piece of Plasticard or similar.

I was working today so I have tomorrow off in lieu. Hopefully I’ll manage some modelling time…

[Update: 27/06/2007 Finally fixed the guttering, now only door retails, steps, and railings to complete]

No comments: