Monday, December 18, 2006

Growler 1, now in Technicolor…


I entered the weekend determined to get something done on the Growler. I painted it with primer a week ago but since than it’s been gathering dust while I filled my time with unimportant stuff called “work”. I had a small delay when it dawned on the great brain that I needed to fit access hatches on the bonnets, which involved a rather dramatic discovery of what solvent based glue does to acrylic paint. On Saturday I finished and primed that, which brought me back to the place I’d thought I was two days earlier, and I finished the first coat of grey on the frame, and then on Sunday was able to make a start on the body, so at this moment I have a pink engine. Click on the photo to see more.

G1 is intended to be a “recent delivery”: a new locomotive that arrived on the Körschtalbahn a few months ago, possibly on lease, so it’s still going to be in its factory colours for a while. On the other hand I’m still looking for a colour scheme for the railway, and I’m impressed by the new livery Nedtrain have applied to the Vossloh units they’ve bought. Hmm…

No comments: